February 5th, 2018
MTI is a National Health Provider of Ancillary Solutions in the Workers’ Compensation Industry.
We are searching for high impact candidates ensuring our organization stays true to MTI’s fundamental values. . Employees are promoted on their merit and people are treated with mutual respect.
Job Title: Manager of Operations
Reports to: Vice President of Operations
The Manager of Operation is accountable for leadership, strategic planning, oversight, execution of programs and management of staff responsible for scheduling ancillary medical services. Responsible for operating effectively across all product lines sustaining positive internal and external relationships in the Insurance Industry.
Lead the development of the Tempe office while collaborating with senior leadership in the corporate office. Maintains best in class management and oversight skills, ensuring effective structure, better reporting and organizational planning creating seamless workflow processes.
Spot creatively, solve complex, cross-functional issues unique to each core service. Manage program initiatives focused on streamlining multiple services with the goal of effective risk management and efficient business interface. This is an exciting opportunity to provide leadership for a function that is pivotal to the success of our business.
- Maintain efficient team structure and performance through analytics, processes, and tools; maximizing new client engagement; and working with the leadership team to develop plans and meet future needs.
- Translate departmental leadership strategy into tactical operation, communicating with departmental leadership to ensure tactics align with strategy and staff supervision based on departmental strategic direction
- Works with corporate office to improve operational system, processes, and policies which support better management reporting information flow, business processes and planning.
- Formulates, manages and monitors operating metrics while diagnosing and improving processes, procedures, operational and customer service performance.
- Researching new technologies and alternative methods of efficiency.
- Participates in the development of divisional/area operational budgets and follows best practices in measuring and monitoring.
- Ensures thorough root cause investigations for all service quality concerns and follows up with needed training, discipline, retraining and reporting.
- Provides input into termination, compensation, bonus eligibility and promotion decisions
- Formulates both short-term and long-term goals and action plans in conjunction the department Directors and VP of Operations
- Participates in regular P&L reviews to ensure that budgets are met, programs are developed and in place for appropriate resource allocation, equipment utilization, equipment maintenance, and controlled use of FTE.
- 10+ Years related experience in workers’ compensation and or Health care industry is a must.
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or University, Master’s degree preferred.
- Develop staff and improve infrastructure and processes.
- The candidate must have an energetic, resilient personality, be highly perceptive and methodical, and have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Possess the ability to consistently meet deadlines.
- Excel Advanced User and all other Microsoft Office products.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
Major responsibilities include translating departmental leadership strategy into tactical operation, communicating with departmental leadership to ensure tactics align with strategy and supervising staff responsible based on departmental strategic direction
- Demonstrates success in building strong relationships with employees and clients at all levels
- Talent management: Acquisition, training, retention, satisfaction, and development.
- Ability to manage projects and solve complex problems effectively
- Business acumen: Ability to understand and operationalize complex business needs and objectives.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Individuals may need to sit or stand as needed. May require walking primarily on a level surface for periodic periods throughout the day. Reaching above shoulder heights, below the waist or Lifting as required to file documents or store materials throughout the work day. Proper lifting techniques required. May include lifting to 25 pounds for files, computer printouts on occasion.
For roles located in the field; this job is primarily active; the employee is regularly mobile and must be able to utilize transportation (such as driving), sit, use hands, and fingers speak and hear.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include ability see things from a close distance and ability to adjust focus
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Utilizes florescent lighting; noise level is moderate Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. For the most part ambient room temperatures, lighting and traditional office equipment as found in a typical office
The Job description is subject to change at any time