Accounts Payable Specialist
MTI America is a Medical Solutions Company that offers a collaborative, engaging and energetic work environment where people feel part of a family. Our core values—Excellence, Compassion, Communication, Integrity and Teamwork—guide us daily to work hard and enjoy what we do! We’re committed to growing our company and are always looking to promote from within. This is an ideal time to join our team!
MTI is a network provider of comprehensive, healthcare solutions delivering decades of value to third party administrators, insurance carriers and employers in the workers compensation industry. Our innovative transport, on demand interpreting, diagnostics, physical medicine and dental & hearing programs keep employers’ costs down while streamlining service delivery for the injured employee, claims professional and providers. Service is our priority.
The Accounts Payable Specialist provides financial, administrative and clerical support by ensuring payments are completed and expenses are controlled by receiving payments, processing, verifying and reconciling invoices according to established policies and procedures.
- Responsible for payable of the Physical Medicine Vendors.
- Reaches out to selected vendors monthly to receive the most current open balance statement.
- Reconciles the vendor statements by analyzing information and evaluating results to choose the best solution and solve problems, which includes notifying vendor of results and collaboratively interacting with vendor.
- Provides vendor statement status to the AP Manager.
- Assists operations with AP questions such as payments or cost of goods.
- Works with AP team to resolve exceptions or rejected invoices.
- Gathers and consolidates all billing data to prepare customer invoices.
- Researches and responds to all inquiries from customers.
- Maintains the invoices and contract files in an orderly fashion.
- Posts payment to A/R as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Skills and Expertise:
- Prior Medical billing knowledge a plus.
- Experience in MAS 200 preferred.
- 3-5 years Accounts Payable experience required.
- Experience in Workers’ compensation preferred.
- Thorough knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite is required.
- Communicates clearly and concisely, verbally and in writing.
- Excellent data entry skills 10,000+ keystrokes per hour (ksph) with low error rate.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, challenging environment.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Some college coursework preferred.
Physical Demands/Work environment:
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Individuals may need to sit or stand as needed. May require walking primarily on a level surface for periodic periods throughout the day. Reaching above shoulder heights, below the waist or lifting as required to file documents or store materials throughout the workday. Proper lifting techniques required. On occasion, may include lifting of up to 5 pounds for files and computer printouts.
- For roles located in the field; this job is primarily active; the employee is regularly mobile and must be able to utilize transportation (such as driving), sit, use hands, and fingers speak, and hear.
- Hearing, vision, and talking. Specific vision abilities required by this job include ability see things from a close distance and ability to adjust focus.
- Utilizes fluorescent lighting; noise level is moderate. For the most part ambient room temperatures, lighting and traditional office equipment as found in a typical office.
The Job Description is subject to change at any time MTI America is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug-Free Workplace. By submitting a resume for this position, you authorize MTI America to contact you via phone, email, or text message to coordinate an interview.