Accounts Receivable Specialist
MTI America is a Medical Solutions Company that offers a collaborative, engaging and energetic work environment where people feel part of a family. Our core values—Excellence, Compassion, Communication, Integrity and Teamwork—guide us daily to work hard and enjoy what we do! We’re committed to growing our company and are always looking to promote from within. This is an ideal time to join our team!
MTI is a network provider of comprehensive, healthcare solutions delivering decades of value to third party administrators, insurance carriers and employers in the workers compensation industry. Our innovative transport, on demand interpreting, diagnostics, physical medicine and dental & hearing programs keep employers’ costs down while streamlining service delivery for the injured employee, claims professional and providers. Service is our priority.
The Accounts Receivable Specialist researches denials, partial payments and over payments while reconciling customer accounts. The AR Specialist collects outstanding balances by applying collection best practices as defined by AR Management.
- Understands customer pricing agreements and apply those to collections.
- Analyzes and identify any AR portfolio trends to assist in improving cash collections.
- Performs weekly, monthly and quarterly reporting for Accounts Receivable department.
- Utilizes various AR reports to target aged balances for collection in order to meet and maintain performance goals as set by AR Management.
- Evaluates denials and partial payments to determine if further reimbursement is valid and properly appeal within relative state Workers’ Compensation guidelines to facilitate payment from customers.
- Identifies and requests adjustments to customer accounts as necessary while following departmental procedure and state Workers’ Compensation guidelines.
- Alerts management to irregularities, customer trends and areas of concern.
- Maintains communication with direct Manager and promptly follow-up with other departments as needed.
- Fulfills and responds to any interdepartmental requests.
- Formats, understands and able to present data in a clear manner.
- Organizes daily workflow efficiently using available resources.
- Anticipates any complications that may arise while ensuring deadlines are met.
Skills and Expertise:
- 3+ years of successful experience in a business collection environment required, healthcare industry preferred.
- Prior medical billing and Workers’ Compensation knowledge required.
- Knowledge of CPT & HCPCS codes, modifiers and ICD9-10 codes.
- Solid understanding of individual state Workers’ Compensation guidelines and fee schedules and their impact on billing and collections is required.
- Intermediate Microsoft Office Suite skills required.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills required.
- Analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Must be detail oriented and able to multi-task.
- Must be able to follow instruction, prioritize and meet strict deadlines.
- High school Diploma or equivalent required.
- Some college coursework preferred.
Physical Demands/Work environment:
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Individuals may need to sit or stand as needed. May require walking primarily on a level surface for periodic periods throughout the day. Reaching above shoulder heights, below the waist or lifting as required to file documents or store materials throughout the workday. Proper lifting techniques required. On occasion, may include lifting of up to 5 pounds for files and computer printouts.
- For roles located in the field; this job is primarily active; the employee is regularly mobile and must be able to utilize transportation (such as driving), sit, use hands, and fingers speak, and hear.
- Hearing, vision, and talking. Specific vision abilities required by this job include ability see things from a close distance and ability to adjust focus.
- Utilizes fluorescent lighting; noise level is moderate. For the most part ambient room temperatures, lighting and traditional office equipment as found in a typical office.
The Job Description is subject to change at any time MTI America is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug-Free Workplace. By submitting a resume for this position, you authorize MTI America to contact you via phone, email, or text message to coordinate an interview.