Bilingual Reservation Specialist
MTI America is a Medical Solutions Company that offers a collaborative, engaging and energetic work environment where people feel part of a family. Our core values—Excellence, Compassion, Communication, Integrity and Teamwork—guide us daily to work hard and enjoy what we do! We’re committed to growing our company and are always looking to promote from within. This is an ideal time to join our team!
MTI is a network provider of comprehensive, healthcare solutions delivering decades of value to third party administrators, insurance carriers and employers in the workers compensation industry. Our innovative transport, on demand interpreting, diagnostics, physical medicine and dental & hearing programs keep employers’ costs down while streamlining service delivery for the injured employee, claims professional and providers. Service is our priority.
The Reservation Specialist will execute their quality customer service skills when handling new or existing account calls from the clients.
- Answers incoming calls for the call center unit including calls from clients, claimants and physicians.
- Receives referrals from adjusters, case managers, and other sources.
- Enters appointment reservations for Transportation, Language, DME orders, Home Health visits, Physical Therapy, and Diagnostic imaging.
- Serves as primary contact for coordination of care and patient issues.
- Follows up on online, by email, fax or phone for services that are directed to the department.
- Documents telephone conversations pertinent to the claims process.
- Updates patient information and ensures accurate entry of contact information.
- Escalates more technical or medical-related issues to the proper department.
- Identifies the root cause of an issue and utilizes resources appropriately to determine how to resolve the issue.
- Gathers and verifies updated patient orders as well as demographic information.
- Provides quality customer service to all callers.
- Meets the standards of the job, such as quality standards, adherence to schedule, and average handle time.
- Provides guidance and mentoring to less experienced specialists.
- Other duties as assigned.
Skills and Expertise:
- Must have one solid year of customer service experience in a call center/office environment.
- Knowledge of basic medical terminology preferred.
- Customer centric focus with strong customer service skills.
- Proper use of grammar and spelling required.
- High focus on quality and follows procedures to ensure quality output.
- Team player with a positive attitude.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Must be able to maintain the ability to work independently or in a team setting.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Bilingual in both Spanish and English.
- Excellent communication skills with emphasis on telephone and email etiquette.
- Computer literacy and experience with Microsoft Outlook is required.
- Must type at least 25 wpm with 85% accuracy.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Individuals may need to sit or stand as needed. May require walking primarily on a level surface for periodic periods throughout the day. Reaching above shoulder heights, below the waist or Lifting as required to file documents or store materials throughout the workday. Proper lifting techniques required. May include lifting of up to 5 pounds for files and computer printouts on occasion.
- For roles located in the field; this job is primarily active; the employee is regularly mobile and must be able to utilize transportation (such as driving), sit, use hands, and fingers speak, and hear.
- Hearing, vision, and talking. Specific vision abilities required by this job include ability see things from a close distance and ability to adjust focus.
- Utilizes fluorescent lighting; noise level is moderate. For the most part ambient room temperatures, lighting and traditional office equipment as found in a typical office.
The Job Description is subject to change at any time MTI is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug-Free Workplace. By submitting a resume for this position, you authorize MTI to contact you via phone, email, or text message to coordinate an interview.