Telephonic Interpreter – Conference Calls Operator
MTI America is a Medical Solutions Company that offers a collaborative, engaging and energetic work environment where people feel part of a family. Our core values—Excellence, Compassion, Communication, Integrity and Teamwork—guide us daily to work hard and enjoy what we do! We’re committed to growing our company and are always looking to promote from within. This is an ideal time to join our team!
MTI is a network provider of comprehensive, healthcare solutions delivering decades of value to third party administrators, insurance carriers and employers in the workers compensation industry. Our innovative transport, on demand interpreting, diagnostics, physical medicine and dental & hearing programs keep employers’ costs down while streamlining service delivery for the injured employee, claims professional and providers. Service is our priority.
The Telephonic Interpreter / Conference Calls Operator provides telephonic interpretation assistance to worker’s compensation claimants, insurance carriers, attorneys, medical doctors and claims professionals.
- 70% – Answer incoming phone calls from adjusters, case managers, attorneys and provide Spanish/English interpretation over the phone.
- 30 – Connect multiple callers to conference calls with subcontracted interpreters.
- Close and prepare all telephonic interpretation appointments for billing.
- Assist with scheduling/dispatch on-site interpreters for future and same day appointments.
- Assist with patient reservations for interpretation services.
- Assist with interpreters’ invoice reconciliation.
- Make outbound calls to confirm interpreter’s appointments.
- Address incoming departmental emails timely.
- Other duties as assigned.
Skills and Expertise:
- Must be fully bilingual and proficient in English and Spanish
- Minimum 1 year of Interpreting experience preferred but not required (willing to train the right candidate).
- Excellent phone and customer service etiquette.
- Concern for Quality – Follows procedures to ensure quality output.
- Basic medical terminology preferred.
- Customer-centric focused.
- Must be able to work 12pm-9pm Monday -Friday.
- Must be able to pass a background check.
- Ability to multitask, organize and prioritize work.
- Excellent communication and time management skills.
- Excellent Attention to Detail.
- Must be a team player.
- Strong work ethics – punctuality and attendance.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Computer literacy and Microsoft Office Suite required.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
Physical demands/Work environment:
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Individuals may need to sit or stand as needed. May require walking primarily on a level surface for periodic periods throughout the day. Reaching above shoulder heights, below the waist or lifting as required to file documents or store materials throughout the workday. Proper lifting techniques required. May include lifting of up to 5 pounds for files and computer printouts on occasion.
- For roles located in the field; this job is primarily active; the employee is regularly mobile and must be able to utilize transportation (such as driving), sit, use hands, and fingers speak, and hear.
- Hearing, vision, and talking. Specific vision abilities required by this job include ability see things from a close distance and ability to adjust focus.
- Utilizes fluorescent lighting; noise level is moderate. For the most part ambient room temperatures, lighting and traditional office equipment as found in a typical office.
The Job Description is subject to change at any time MTI America is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug-Free Workplace. By submitting a resume for this position, you authorize MTI America to contact you via phone, email, or text message to coordinate an interview.