MTI America is a Medical Solutions Company that offers a collaborative, engaging and energetic work environment where people feel part of a family. Our core values—Excellence, Compassion, Communication, Integrity and Teamwork—guide us daily to work hard and enjoy what we do! We’re committed to growing our company and are always looking to promote from within. This is an ideal time to join our team!
MTI is a network provider of comprehensive, healthcare solutions delivering decades of value to third party administrators, insurance carriers and employers in the workers compensation industry. Our innovative transport, on demand interpreting, diagnostics, physical medicine and dental & hearing programs keep employers’ costs down while streamlining service delivery for the injured employee, claims professional and providers. Service is our priority.
The Diagnostic Coordinator Establishes and coordinates the timely schedule of services to client specific injured workers’ compensation patients requiring Diagnostics services, while offering a high-level of customer service and patient care. This includes office visits, specialty services and numerous types of diagnostics studies. The Coordinator will provide services to the customers through inbound calls received in the Complex Care Department and process electronic/telephonic orders. Responsible to schedule exams, providing optimum service to the customer and supporting the company to effectively and efficiently maximize schedules.
- Scheduling and coordination of Injured Workers’ appointments, including potential research patients as well as requesting outside records for new patient appointments.
- Has knowledge of commonly used diagnostics concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Create and issue Purchase Orders for payment tracking and authorization.
- Drives volumes by securing Injured Worker’s appointment through various methods of inbound scheduling requests adhering to call times, hold times and other key productivity indicators.
- Maintain data in scheduling system.
- Review pre-authorizations and obtain authorization with Adjusters and/or case managers.
- Obtain laboratory reports, scan results, biopsy results, outside hospital records, et al. as necessary to facilitate patient care.
- Review physician orders, protocols and data to verify correct information.
- Track laboratory, medical, procedural, and scan reports thus ensuring test/procedure reports. are completed and notify appropriate personnel as needed.
- Notify billing office when tests/procedures/scans etc are completed.
- Client follow-up as directed.
- Other tasks as assigned.
Skills and Expertise:
- Bilingual in both Spanish and English.
- Intermediate MS Word, Excel, Outlook and Excel skills required.
- Must be detail oriented and able to multi-task.
- Must be able to follow instruction, prioritize and meet strict deadlines.
- High Written and verbal communication skills.
- Minimum of three (3) successful years in a business diagnostic imaging environment required.
- Workers’ Compensation knowledge preferred.
- Positive attitude and a proactive approach.
- Impeccable organizational skills.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
Physical Demands/ Work Environment:
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Individuals may need to sit or stand as needed. May require walking primarily on a level surface for periodic periods throughout the day. Reaching above shoulder heights, below the waist or Lifting as required to file documents or store materials throughout the workday. Proper lifting techniques required. May include lifting of up to 5 pounds for files and computer printouts on occasion.
- For roles located in the field; this job is primarily active; the employee is regularly mobile and must be able to utilize transportation (such as driving), sit, use hands, and fingers speak, and hear.
- Hearing, vision, and talking. Specific vision abilities required by this job include ability see things from a close distance and ability to adjust focus.
- Utilizes fluorescent lighting; noise level is moderate. For the most part ambient room temperatures, lighting and traditional office equipment as found in a typical office.
The Job Description is subject to change at any time MTI America is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug-Free Workplace. By submitting a resume for this position, you authorize MTI America to contact you via phone, email, or text message to coordinate an interview.