MTI America offers a collaborative, engaging and energetic work environment where people feel part of a family. Our core values—Excellence, Compassion, Communication, Integrity and Teamwork—guide us daily to work hard and enjoy what we do! This is an ideal time to join our team.
MTI America is an experienced, healthcare leader dedicated to serving the Workers Compensation industry since 1992. We provide post-injury to return to work medical services from Physical Therapy, Transport & Translation to Catastrophic & Complex Home Care, Medical Equipment and Diagnostics to Dental and Hearing programs. We partner with insurance carriers, third party administrators’ employers and self -insured funds ensuring an empathetic, patient centric-focus for every injured employee. Service is our priority.
The Financial Controller assists the VP of Finance in overseeing, monitoring, and directing an assigned Accounting Team in the preparation and revision of accurate, timely, monthly Financial Statements for assigned business units. The Financial Controller maintains compliance with accounting principles, policies, and procedures. The position is on-site and must be commutable to Deerfield Beach, FL
- Manages the daily functions of the assigned team while maintaining standards of excellence for processes, methods, and personnel.
- Responsible for consolidated financial statements.
- Evaluates and ensure accounting and internal control systems are being adhered to
- Prepares journal entries
- Prepares monthly financial statements, financial packages, account analysis, reconciliations, variance analysis and other informational reports/analysis. Review financial results and discuss changes to address needs and trends
- Works with VP of Finance to develop an annual budget and financial forecasts.
- Coordinates the preparation of annual tax return with our external CPA firm
- Develops and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls
- Prepares monthly/quarterly worksheets as needed.
- Assists VP of Finance with projects, presentations, reports, and correspondences.
- Participates in meetings and work groups to integrate activities, communicate issues, obtain approvals, and resolve problems.
- Develops and monitors policies and procedures within generally accepted accounting principles and corporate guidelines to ensure sufficient cash flow and reduced operating cost
- Monitors and confirms financial condition by conducting periodic internal audits; Ensures effective management of cash flow
- Additional personnel management duties as assigned by Senior Management
Skills and Expertise:
- The candidate must have an energetic, resilient personality, be highly perceptive and methodical, and have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Possesses the ability to consistently meet deadlines.
- Advanced user in all of Microsoft Office Suite products.
- 7+ years of experience required in Financial Planning and Reporting.
- Experience in the health care industry required, workers’ compensation preferred.
- Strong financial analysis skills.
- Experience with MAS200 is a plus.
- Bachelors’ Degree in Accounting or related field required, Master’s degree preferred.
- Competitive compensation
- Medical and dental insurance plan
- Company paid Life Insurance
- Short and Long-Term Disability
- Company matched 401 (k) savings plan
- Flexible Spending Account
- Profit Sharing
- Paid Time off
MTI is an Equal Opportunity Employer.