Physical Medicine Coordinator
MTI America is a Medical Solutions Company that offers a collaborative, engaging and energetic work environment where people feel part of a family. Our core values—Excellence, Compassion, Communication, Integrity and Teamwork—guide us daily to work hard and enjoy what we do! We’re committed to growing our company and are always looking to promote from within. This is an ideal time to join our team!
MTI is a network provider of comprehensive, healthcare solutions delivering decades of value to third party administrators, insurance carriers and employers in the workers compensation industry. Our innovative transport, on demand interpreting, diagnostics, physical medicine and dental & hearing programs keep employers’ costs down while streamlining service delivery for the injured employee, claims professional and providers. Service is our priority.
The Physical Medicine (Outpatient Therapy) Coordinator is responsible for processing incoming referrals and ensure all documentation is obtained prior to completion.
- Receives referrals and obtains all necessary patient, medical, and demographic information from a variety of referral sources via various communication methods to establish and coordinate medical products.
- Triages all incoming requests based on date of receipt and date of service for customer to ensure appropriate action is taken related to service level agreements.
- Creates and transmits purchase orders and affiliated documents in accordance with vendor contracted rates, state fee schedules, state rules & regulations and carrier contracts.
- Partners with Provider Relations to offer consistent feedback on overall performance of National Vendor Network.
- Monitors status of all referrals to confirm successful delivery and/or completion of products and services using various communication methods.
- Communicates effectively with both internal and external customers to ensure that all referral needs are met in a timely manner, inclusive of recurring products and services.
- Consistently works with attention given to specific carrier/patient customer preferences, guidelines, and contractual service level agreements.
- Follows internal escalation process when service agreements and/or customer satisfaction is at risk.
- In accordance with department and company guidelines, utilizes negotiation skills to assure the most cost-effective products and/or services are provided to our customers without sacrificing company quality standards.
- Other duties as assigned.
Skills and Expertise:
- Minimum of 3 years’ Outpatient PT, OT and FCE scheduling experience required.
- Workers’ Compensation knowledge preferred.
- Bilingual in both Spanish and English.
- Microsoft Office Suite skills required.
- Must be detail oriented and able to multi-task.
- Must be able to follow instruction, prioritize and meet strict deadlines.
- High level written and verbal communication skills.
- Positive attitude and a proactive approach.
- Impeccable organizational skills.
- High School Diploma required. Some college coursework preferred.
Physical Demands/Work environment:
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Individuals may need to sit or stand as needed. May require walking primarily on a level surface for periodic periods throughout the day. Reaching above shoulder heights, below the waist or lifting as required to file documents or store materials throughout the workday. Proper lifting techniques required. On occasion, may include lifting of up to 5 pounds for files and computer printouts.
- For roles located in the field; this job is primarily active; the employee is regularly mobile and must be able to utilize transportation (such as driving), sit, use hands, and fingers speak, and hear.
- Hearing, vision, and talking. Specific vision abilities required by this job include ability see things from a close distance and ability to adjust focus.
- Utilizes fluorescent lighting; noise level is moderate. For the most part ambient room temperatures, lighting and traditional office equipment as found in a typical office.
The Job Description is subject to change at any time MTI America is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug-Free Workplace. By submitting a resume for this position, you authorize MTI America to contact you via phone, email, or text message to coordinate an interview.