The Account Receivable Supervisor is responsible for overseeing a team of up to eight (8) direct reports and the completion of all processes/procedures within account the receivable department. Provides oversight and direction to the team to ensure that all collection activities such as sending follow-up inquiries, denials, partial payments and overpayments to reconcile customer accounts are completed in a timely and accurate manner. Completes weekly/monthly AR department related financial reports to provide executive leadership and sales visibility into the current state of outstanding accounts receivables and as needed to monitor the resolution of an identified account receivable related issue. Maintains open communication with our clients and other MTI departments efficiency. Maintains open communication with our clients and other MTI departments
Job Title: Account Receivable Supervisor
Reports to: Account Receivable Manager
- Supervises subordinate staff in the day-to-day performance of their jobs
- Ensure that all associates are appropriately trained to perform their related job tasks and consistently meet established production standards
- Assures timely collection of monies due to the company
- Maintains Customer Accounts and database; reconcile any outstanding AR issues
- Ensures that project, department milestones and goals are met
- Ensures accurate receivable records and verifies outstanding account balances.
- Address customer inquiries in a timely manner while maintaining a professional and polite demeanor. Ensure the issue is addressed and resolved appropriately.
- Review A/R aging weekly to monitor invoicing totals, cash receipts, and invoice adjustments and address any potential concerns or issues.
- Ensures that all AR team related processes are accurately documented and accessible to all associates
- Creates, and monitors associate production standards to ensure that each associate is meeting those standards
- Provide timely feedback to Operations regarding processes or on-going issues that impact the team’s ability to effectively collect outstanding invoices
- Ensure that all sales inquiries are addressed and responded to in a timely manner
- 5-7 years of extensive healthcare collections experience
- 5+ years’ experience in a management role in health care required; worker’s compensation experience preferred.
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university required
- Solid understanding of state laws and fee schedules and their impacts on billing and collections is required.
- Intermediate MS Word, Excel, Outlook and Access skills required.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills required.
- Must be detail oriented and can multi-task.
- Must be able to prioritize and meet strict deadlines.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Individuals may need to sit or stand as needed. May require walking primarily on a level surface for periodic periods throughout the day. Reaching above shoulder heights, below the waist or Lifting as required to file documents or store materials throughout the work day. Proper lifting techniques required. May include lifting to 3 pounds for files, computer printouts on occasion.
For roles located in the field; this job is primarily active; the employee is regularly mobile and must be able to utilize transportation (such as driving), sit, use hands, and fingers speak, and hear.
Auditory/Visual: Hearing, vision, and talking. Specific vision abilities required by this job include ability see things from a close distance and ability to adjust focus
Work Environment: Utilizes fluorescent lighting; noise level is moderate. For the most part ambient room temperatures, lighting and traditional office equipment as found in a typical office
The Job Description is subject to change at any time
MTI is an Equal Opportunity Employer
By submitting a resume for this position, you authorize MTI to contact you via phone, email, or text message to coordinate an interview.