The Accounts Payable Supervisor is responsible for overseeing a team of up to seven (7) direct reports and the completion of all processes/procedures within the accounts payable department. Provides oversight and direction to the team to ensure that all payables activities such as disbursements, vendor relations, and reconciliations are properly maintained and are completed in a timely manner. Maintains open communication with our vendors and other MTI departments efficiently.
Job Title: Accounts Payable Supervisor
Reports to: Director of Finance
- Manage internal operational or vendor escalations for any AP issues or questions.
- Responsible for root cause determination and resolution of Accounts Payable process issues in data entry, payment processing, supplier maintenance, customer service, problem resolution, filing, mail distribution, invoice processes and automated workflows and/or approvals.
- Ensure compliance in processes with company AP Policies and procedures.
- Assist in the development, implementation and communication of accounts payable policies, procedures and controls.
- Test/auditing of processes, procedures, for soundness, accuracy and application of financial and accounting standards.
- Prepare accounting reports for management review, and monitor/analyze internal operational reporting to determine appropriate next steps.
- Work with technical resources to resolve system failures and problems.
- Perform ad-hoc functions as assigned by management.
- 5-7 years of extensive healthcare payables experience.
- 5+ years’ experience in a management role in health care required; worker’s compensation experience preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university required.
- Understanding of the Generally Accepted Accounting Principles in theory and practice.
- Intermediate MS Word, Excel, Outlook and Access skills required.
- Intermediate leadership skills; demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong PC skills with advanced knowledge of spreadsheets and databases.
- Knowledge of financial systems; specifically prefer MAS 200 but must have other large financial system expertise.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including an ability to work effectively with multiple levels of the organization;
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously;
- Experience working in a fast-paced AP department of a large corporation preferred.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Individuals may need to sit or stand as needed. May require walking primarily on a level surface for periodic periods throughout the day. Reaching above shoulder heights, below the waist or Lifting as required to file documents or store materials throughout the work day. Proper lifting techniques required. May include lifting to 3 pounds for files, computer printouts on occasion.
For roles located in the field; this job is primarily active; the employee is regularly mobile and must be able to utilize transportation (such as driving), sit, use hands, and fingers speak, and hear.
Auditory/Visual: Hearing, vision, and talking. Specific vision abilities required by this job include ability see things from a close distance and ability to adjust focus
Work Environment: Utilizes fluorescent lighting; noise level is moderate. For the most part ambient room temperatures, lighting and traditional office equipment as found in a typical office
The Job Description is subject to change at any time
MTI is an Equal Opportunity Employer