The Billing Specialist is responsible for ensuring complete, accurate and timely billings for DME, Home Health Care, Diagnostics, Dental and Physical Therapy.
Job Title: Billing Specialist
Reports to: Billing Manager
- Gather and consolidate all billing data to prepare customer medical billing forms.
- Research and respond to all inquiries from customers.
- Maintain the invoices and contract files in an orderly fashion.
- Knowledge of pertinent state statues, laws, regulations applicable to Workers’ Compensation claims process
- Completely understand medical billing-coding, documentation, claim filing and payment posting
- Extensive knowledge of medical terminology, CPT and HCPCS.
- Medical billing for the following specialties: Home Health Care, Catastrophic Care & Complex care, Durable Medical Equipment, Diagnostics, PT & OT
- Accurately and appropriately analyze complex medical bills, reports, fee schedules
- Communicate with medical providers to obtain needed information and resolve bill issues
- Generate excel spreadsheets for special projects as assigned
- Partners with finance to resolve A/R, A/P issues
- Perform other duties as assigned or necessary
- Knowledge of ICD-9 ICD 10 coding required
- Prior DME, Home Health Care, Diagnostics, Dental and Physical Therapy billing required.
- Prior experience in a comparable position in the Workers’ Compensation industry preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Detail oriented, strong organizational skills and ability to work independently
- Solid experience in utilizing MS Excel
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience performing data entry: 10-key by touch
- Solid understanding of state laws and fee schedules and their impacts on billing required
- High written and verbal communication Skills
- Must be detail oriented and able to multi-task
- Must be able to follow instruction, prioritize and meet strict deadlines
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Individuals may need to sit or stand as needed. May require walking primarily on a level surface for periodic periods throughout the day. Reaching above shoulder heights, below the waist or Lifting as required to file documents or store materials throughout the work day. Proper lifting techniques required. May include lifting to 3 pounds for files, computer printouts on occasion.
For roles located in the field; this job is primarily active; the employee is regularly mobile and must be able to utilize transportation (such as driving), sit, use hands, and fingers speak, and hear.
Auditory/Visual: Hearing, vision, and talking. Specific vision abilities required by this job include ability see things from a close distance and ability to adjust focus
Work Environment: Utilizes fluorescent lighting; noise level is moderate. For the most part ambient room temperatures, lighting and traditional office equipment as found in a typical office
The Job Description is subject to change at any time
MTI is an Equal Opportunity Employer