Call Center Representative – Jacksonville, FL
MTI America offers a collaborative, engaging and energetic work environment where people feel part of a family. Our core values—Excellence, Compassion, Communication, Integrity and Teamwork—guide us daily to work hard and enjoy what we do! This is an ideal time to join our team.
Founded in 1992, MTI America is a premier, trusted partner in the workers’ compensation industry delivering a broad range of post-acute integrated network health solutions. Being a culturally diverse, patient-centric company since inception, we leverage out ITC (Integrated Care Teams) expertise and unified MTI 360 platform to deliver superior medical and financial results for those we serve.
The Call Center Representative will execute their quality customer service skills. Confirm appointments details/specifics through Outbound calling and maintain our high level of customer satisfaction.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Intake of appointment reservations for Transportation, Language, DME orders, Home Health visits, Physical Therapy, and Diagnostic imaging appointments
- Serves as primary contact for coordination of care and patient issues. Escalates more technical or medical-related issues to the proper department
- Takes referrals from adjusters, case managers, & sales representatives.
- Identifies the root cause of the problem, and uses tool and resources appropriately to determine how to resolve problems
- Follows up on online, email, fax and phone reservations for services that are directed to the department.
- Gathers and verify updated patient orders as well as demographic information.
- Provides quality customer service to all callers.
- Answers incoming calls for the customer service unit including calls from clients, claimants and physicians.
- Documents telephone conversations pertinent to the claims process in claims notes.
- Updates patient information and ensures accurate entry of contact information.
- Meets the standards of the job, such as quality standards, adherence to schedule, and average handle time.
- May provide guidance and/or mentoring to less experienced coordinators
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Skills and Expertise:
- Must have one solid year of customer service experience in a call center/office environment Knowledge of basic medical terminology preferred.
- Excellent communication skills with emphasis on telephone and email etiquette.
- Computer literacy and experience with Microsoft Outlook is required Type at least 25 wpm with 85% accuracy.
- Ability to work in fast-paced, ever-changing environment Ability to work well independently and in Teams
- High comfort level working in a home office environment
- Impeccable organizational skills.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required. Some college coursework preferred.
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Individuals may need to sit or stand as needed. May require walking primarily on a level surface for periodic periods throughout the day. Reaching above shoulder heights, below the waist or lifting as required to file documents or store materials throughout the workday. Proper lifting techniques required. May include lifting of up to 5 pounds for files and computer printouts on occasion.
- For roles located in the field; this job is primarily active; the employee is regularly mobile and must be able to utilize transportation (such as driving), sit, use hands, and fingers speak, and hear.
- Hearing, vision, and talking. Specific vision abilities required by this job include ability see things from a close distance and ability to adjust focus.
- Utilizes fluorescent lighting; noise level is moderate. For the most part ambient room temperatures, lighting and traditional office equipment as found in a typical office.
- Competitive compensation
- Medical and dental insurance plan
- Company paid Life Insurance
- Short and Long-Term Disability
- Company matched 401 (k) savings plan
- Flexible Spending Account
- Profit Sharing
- Paid Time off
MTI is an Equal Opportunity Employer.