The Reservations Specialist will execute their quality customer service skills
Confirming appointments details/specifics through Outbound calling and maintain our high level of customer satisfaction
Job Title: Reservations Specialist
Reports to: Area Director of Operations
- Intake of appointment reservations for Transportation, Language, DME orders, Home Health visits, Physical Therapy, and Diagnostic imaging appointments
- Serves as primary contact for coordination of care and patient issues. Escalates more technical or medical-related issues to the proper department
- Take referrals from adjusters, case managers, & sales representatives.
- Identifies the root cause of the problem, and uses tool and resources appropriately to determine how to resolve problems
- Follow up on online, email, fax and phone reservations for services that are directed to the department.
- Gather and verify updated patient orders as well as demographic information.
- Provide quality customer service to all callers.
- Answers incoming calls for the customer service unit including calls from clients, claimants and physicians.
- Documents telephone conversations pertinent to the claims process in claims notes.
- Updates patient information and ensures accurate entry of contact information.
- Meets the standards of the job, such as quality standards, adherence to schedule, and average handle time.
- May provide guidance and/or mentoring to less experienced coordinators
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Medical terminology.
- Proper grammar and spelling.
- Team player
- Strong organizational skills
- Positive Attitude.
- Must be able to maintain the ability to work independently or in a team setting.
- Bilingual in both Spanish and English.
- Must have one solid year of customer service experience in a call center/office environment Knowledge of basic medical terminology preferred.
- Excellent communication skills with emphasis on telephone and email etiquette.
- Computer literacy and experience with Microsoft Outlook is required Type at least 25 wpm with 85% accuracy.
- Ability to work in fast-paced, ever-changing environment Ability to work well independently and in teams Must have High School Diploma or G.E.D. equivalent.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Individuals may need to sit or stand as needed. May require walking primarily on a level surface for periodic periods throughout the day. Reaching above shoulder heights, below the waist or Lifting as required to file documents or store materials throughout the work day. Proper lifting techniques required. May include lifting to 3 pounds for files, computer printouts on occasion.
For roles located in the field; this job is primarily active; the employee is regularly mobile and must be able to utilize transportation (such as driving), sit, use hands, and fingers speak, and hear.
Auditory/Visual: Hearing, vision, and talking. Specific vision abilities required by this job include ability see things from a close distance and ability to adjust focus
Work Environment: Utilizes fluorescent lighting; noise level is moderate. For the most part ambient room temperatures, lighting and traditional office equipment as found in a typical office
The Job Description is subject to change at any time
MTI is an Equal Opportunity Employer
By submitting a resume for this position, you authorize MTI to contact you via phone, email, or text message to coordinate an interview.