The Customer Service Specialist performs a high volume of basic customer service inquiries about the company’s products and services by following standard scripts and procedures. The individual will focus on investigating the origin of all complaints and will work with the rest of the management team to provide efficient and effective responses to MTI clients and claimants.
Job Title: Customer Service Specialist
Reports to: Director of the Call Center
- Provides customer support by phone, email, or instant message to business customers. Serves as primary contact for inbound customer issues. Escalates more technical product-related issues to the proper Product Support department
- Ensures all Carriers, Managers and Sales are notified of any complaints or issues
- Processes a high volume of customer inquiries of the company’s products and services
- Documents all General, Escalated, and Formal Complaints into the system
- Troubleshoots customer problems, identifies the root cause of the problem, and uses tools and resources appropriately to determine how to resolve customer problems
- When unable to resolve the problem in a reasonable amount of time, will escalate to the appropriate resource
- Tracks and documents inbound support requests and ensures proper notation of customer problems or issues
- Updates customer information and ensures accurate entry of contact information
- Meets the standards of the job, such as quality standards, adherence to schedule, and average handle time
- May provide guidance and/or mentoring to less experienced Customer Service Specialist
- Knowledge of the company’s products, services and business operations to enable resolution of customer inquiries
- Excellent customer service skills that build high-levels of customer satisfaction
- 2-3 years of experience in a call center or customer service-related position in a service industry.
- Workers’ compensation experience preferred.
- Demonstrates effective people skills and sensitivities when dealing with others
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills required
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel, Outlook and Excel skills required
- Must be detail oriented and able to multi-task
- Must be able to follow instruction, prioritize and meet strict deadlines
- Positive attitude and a proactive approach
- Impeccable organizational skills
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Individuals may need to sit or stand as needed. May require walking primarily on a level surface for periodic periods throughout the day. Reaching above shoulder heights, below the waist or Lifting as required to file documents or store materials throughout the work day. Proper lifting techniques required. May include lifting to 3 pounds for files, computer printouts on occasion.
For roles located in the field; this job is primarily active; the employee is regularly mobile and must be able to utilize transportation (such as driving), sit, use hands, and fingers speak, and hear.
Auditory/Visual: Hearing, vision, and talking. Specific vision abilities required by this job include ability see things from a close distance and ability to adjust focus
Work Environment: Utilizes fluorescent lighting; noise level is moderate. For the most part ambient room temperatures, lighting and traditional office equipment as found in a typical office
The Job Description is subject to change at any time
MTI is an Equal Opportunity Employer
By submitting a resume for this position, you authorize MTI to contact you via phone, email, or text message to coordinate an interview