Diagnostic Coordinator – St. Louis, MO
MTI America offers a collaborative, engaging and energetic work environment where people feel part of a family. Our core values—Excellence, Compassion, Communication, Integrity and Teamwork—guide us daily to work hard and enjoy what we do! This is an ideal time to join our team.
Founded in 1992, MTI America is a premier, trusted partner in the workers’ compensation industry delivering a broad range of post-acute integrated network health solutions. Being a culturally diverse, patient-centric company since inception, we leverage out ITC (Integrated Care Teams) expertise and unified MTI 360 platform to deliver superior medical and financial results for those we serve.
The Diagnostic Coordinator establishes and coordinates the timely schedule of services to client specific injured workers’ compensation patients requiring diagnostics services while offering a high-level of customer service and patient care. This includes office visits, specialty services and numerous types of diagnostics studies. The Coordinator will provide services to the customers through inbound calls received in the Medical Services Department and process electronic/telephonic orders. Responsible for scheduling exams, providing optimum service to the customer and supporting the company to effectively and efficiently maximize schedules.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Schedules and coordinates Injured Workers’ appointments.
- Requests outside records for new patient appointments.
- Knowledge of commonly used diagnostics concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Creates and issues purchase orders for payment tracking and authorization.
- Drives volume by securing injured worker’s appointment through various methods of inbound scheduling requests adhering to call times, hold times and other key productivity indicators.
- Maintains data in scheduling system.
- Reviews pre-authorizations and obtains authorization with adjusters and/or case managers.
- Obtains laboratory reports, scan results, biopsy results and hospital records, as necessary to facilitate patient care.
- Reviews physician orders, protocols and data to verify correct information.
- Tracks laboratory, medical, procedural, and scan reports thus ensuring test/procedure reports are completed and notify appropriate personnel as needed.
- Notifies billing office when tests, procedures and scans are completed.
- Other duties as assigned.
Skills and Expertise:
- Minimum of three (3) successful years in a business diagnostic imaging environment required.
- Workers’ Compensation knowledge preferred.
- Bilingual in both Spanish and English.
- Microsoft Office Suite skills required.
- Must be detail oriented and able to multi-task.
- Must be able to follow instruction, prioritize and meet strict deadlines.
- High level written and verbal communication skills.
- Positive attitude and a proactive approach.
- Impeccable organizational skills.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required. Some college coursework preferred.
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Individuals may need to sit or stand as needed. May require walking primarily on a level surface for periodic periods throughout the day. Reaching above shoulder heights, below the waist or lifting as required to file documents or store materials throughout the workday. Proper lifting techniques required. May include lifting of up to 5 pounds for files and computer printouts on occasion.
- For roles located in the field; this job is primarily active; the employee is regularly mobile and must be able to utilize transportation (such as driving), sit, use hands, and fingers speak, and hear.
- Hearing, vision, and talking. Specific vision abilities required by this job include ability see things from a close distance and ability to adjust focus.
- Utilizes fluorescent lighting; noise level is moderate. For the most part ambient room temperatures, lighting and traditional office equipment as found in a typical office.
- Competitive compensation
- Medical and dental insurance plan
- Company paid Life Insurance
- Short and Long-Term Disability
- Company matched 401 (k) savings plan
- Flexible Spending Account
- Profit Sharing
- Paid Time off
MTI is an Equal Opportunity Employer.