The Home Health Document Specialist is an entry level position responsible for obtaining and handling all Home Health Visit Notes.
Job Title: Home Health Document Specialist
Reports to: Home Health & Physical Medicine Director
- Complete all tasks assigned to obtain weekly home health visit notes after the appointment has been completed and billed. Upload all corresponding documents into MTI system.
- Exercising quality customer service, you’ll be communicating with a variety of home health companies via various communication methods to confirm appointments and obtain evaluations and visit notes.
- Communicate effectively with both internal and external customers to ensure that all referral needs are met in a timely manner, inclusive of recurring treatment and services.
- Consistently work with attention given to specific carrier/patient customer preferences, guidelines, and contractual service level agreements.
- Follow internal escalation process when service agreements and/or customer satisfaction is at risk.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Preferred front office experience.
- Must have 2 years’ minimum experience with medical terminology.
- Must have experience with Microsoft Products.
- Must possess ability to communicate effectively while working in a fast pace environment.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Individuals may need to sit or stand as needed. May require walking primarily on a level surface for periodic periods throughout the day. Reaching above shoulder heights, below the waist or Lifting as required to file documents or store materials throughout the work day. Proper lifting techniques required. May include lifting to 3 pounds for files, computer printouts on occasion.
For roles located in the field; this job is primarily active; the employee is regularly mobile and must be able to utilize transportation (such as driving), sit, use hands, and fingers speak, and hear.
Auditory/Visual: Hearing, vision, and talking. Specific vision abilities required by this job include ability see things from a close distance and ability to adjust focus
Work Environment: Utilizes fluorescent lighting; noise level is moderate. For the most part ambient room temperatures, lighting and traditional office equipment as found in a typical office
The Job Description is subject to change at any time
MTI is an Equal Opportunity Employer
By submitting a resume for this position, you authorize MTI to contact you via phone, email, or text message to coordinate an interview.