The Language Services Specialist will provide assistance to worker’s compensation insurance carriers, attorneys, medical doctors and many other businesses with interpretation and translation needs. The Language Service department is an integral part of the total mission of MTI.
Job Title: Language Service Specialist
Reports to: Area Director of Operations
- Answer all incoming phone calls.
- Schedule and dispatch onsite interpreters for future and same day appointments.
- Intake of Patient reservations when needed
- Perform and invoice Spanish telephonic interpretations
- Outsource and invoice rare language telephonic interpretation
- Outsource and invoice document translations and transcriptions
- Make outbound calls to confirm interpreter’s appointments
- Ensure all onsite appointments in assigned areas are staffed before the end of the shift.
- Address all departmental emails
- Assist other coworkers
- Address any issues that may arise in the assigned areas
- Must be Fully Bilingual (English, Spanish)
- Minimum 1 year of Interpreting experience (preferred but willing to train the right candidate)
- Must be able to pass a background check
- Ability to multitask, organize and prioritize work
- Excellent communication and time management skills
- Computer literacy (Outlook, Word, and Excel)
- Must be a Team player
- Work on a timely basis; this includes attendance and scheduling.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Individuals may need to sit or stand as needed. May require walking primarily on a level surface for periodic periods throughout the day. Reaching above shoulder heights, below the waist or Lifting as required to file documents or store materials throughout the work day. Proper lifting techniques required. May include lifting to 3 pounds for files, computer printouts on occasion.
For roles located in the field; this job is primarily active; the employee is regularly mobile and must be able to utilize transportation (such as driving), sit, use hands, and fingers speak, and hear.
Auditory/Visual: Hearing, vision, and talking. Specific vision abilities required by this job include ability see things from a close distance and ability to adjust focus
Work Environment: Utilizes fluorescent lighting; noise level is moderate. For the most part ambient room temperatures, lighting and traditional office equipment as found in a typical office
The Job Description is subject to change at any time
MTI is an Equal Opportunity Employer
By submitting a resume for this position, you authorize MTI to contact you via phone, email, or text message to coordinate an interview