The Medical Customer Care Resolutions Specialist will support claims professionals in the workers’ compensation industry by providing timely, efficient communication with the patient, claims adjustors, nurses and MD’s and providers which facilitate return to work and a healthy lifestyle
Job Title: Medical Customer Care Resolution Specialist
Reports to: Director of Ancillary Services & Training
- Possess deep knowledge & understanding of medical services business workflows, products & services
- Have the ability to communicate in a clear, concise manner to claims adjustors and nurse case managers
- Have a proven track record of resolving issues and identifying root cause of failure with actionable resolution
- Collaborate with departmental leadership identifying root cause of issue
- Establish positive, responsive relationships with all internal colleagues, clients, providers and patients
- Other duties as assigned
- 2-5 years’ experience in healthcare related customer service
- Bachelors’ degree or Associate degree in business or a related field required
- Phenomenal verbal & written communication skills
- Proficient in medical terminology
- Ability to remain calm under pressure
- Knowledge of Microsoft software applications (word, Excel, Outlook)
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Individuals may need to sit or stand as needed. May require walking primarily on a level surface for periodic periods throughout the day. Reaching above shoulder heights, below the waist or Lifting as required to file documents or store materials throughout the work day. Proper lifting techniques required. May include lifting to 3 pounds for files, computer printouts on occasion.
For roles located in the field; this job is primarily active; the employee is regularly mobile and must be able to utilize transportation (such as driving), sit, use hands, and fingers speak, and hear.
Auditory/Visual: Hearing, vision, and talking. Specific vision abilities required by this job include ability see things from a close distance and ability to adjust focus
Work Environment: Utilizes fluorescent lighting; noise level is moderate. For the most part ambient room temperatures, lighting and traditional office equipment as found in a typical office
The Job Description is subject to change at any time
MTI is an Equal Opportunity Employer
By submitting a resume for this position, you authorize MTI to contact you via phone, email, or text message to coordinate an interview.