The Physical Medicine Document Specialist is an entry level position responsible for obtaining and handling all Physical Medicine visit notes.
Job Title: Physical Medicine Document Specialist
Reports to: Area Director of Operations
- Complete all tasks assigned to obtain physical medicine evaluations/visit notes after the appointment has been completed and upload corresponding documents into MTI system.
- Exercising quality customer service, you’ll be communicating with a variety of referral sources via various communication methods to confirm and document all treatment throughout referral process.
- Communicate effectively with both internal and external customers to ensure that all referral needs are met in a timely manner, inclusive of recurring treatment and services.
- Consistently work with attention given to specific carrier/patient customer preferences, guidelines, and contractual service level agreements.
- Follow internal escalation process when service agreements and/or customer satisfaction is at risk.
- Other duties as assigned
- Must have 2 years’ minimum experience with medical terminology.
- Must have experience with Microsoft Products.
- Must possess ability to communicate effectively while working in a fast pace environment.
- Preferred front office experience.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Individuals may need to sit or stand as needed. May require walking primarily on a level surface for periodic periods throughout the day. Reaching above shoulder heights, below the waist or Lifting as required to file documents or store materials throughout the work day. Proper lifting techniques required. May include lifting to 3 pounds for files, computer printouts on occasion.
For roles located in the field; this job is primarily active; the employee is regularly mobile and must be able to utilize transportation (such as driving), sit, use hands, and fingers speak, and hear.
Auditory/Visual: Hearing, vision, and talking. Specific vision abilities required by this job include ability see things from a close distance and ability to adjust focus
Work Environment: Utilizes fluorescent lighting; noise level is moderate. For the most part ambient room temperatures, lighting and traditional office equipment as found in a typical office
The Job Description is subject to change at any time
MTI is an Equal Opportunity Employer