The Product Analyst is responsible for developing, maintaining and analyzing both pricing and factors that impact pricings. The Product Analyst compiles and analyzes statistical data to establish price objectives for sales transactions. The PA supports MTI product objectives, revenue, and profitability goals as well as future business growth objectives. The focus of this role will be to drive Customer financial analysis/profitability; deliver value at the product level; forecasting; pricing requests
Job Title: Product Analyst
Reports to: Billing Manager
- Develops, implements, and maintain systems, procedures, and policies
- Ensures accurate compilation, analysis and reporting of data
- Oversees cost structures and pricing of new services or products
- Identifies areas of potential improvement
- Analyzes and prepares special customer pricing quotations.
- Analyze email requests from sales, and based on historic prices, GM, cost, product positioning in the market. Negotiate with sales in order to avoid margin erosion
- Use gross margin and historical data to decide on pricing
- Keep track of all prices approved in the past and use that information for future approvals
- Provides daily support to sales force on pricing issues.
- Manages pricing models that integrate sales data, cost data, industry information, and current pricing practices to identify revenue-generating opportunities.
- Executes revenue management strategies to maximize revenues.
- Implements strategic pricing initiatives to enhance net income.
- Compiles information from periodicals, catalogs, etc. to keep informed on price trends.
- Identify and solve low margin issues.
- Prepares and analyzes reports.
- Provide daily support to sales force on pricing issues.
- Other duties and ad hoc reporting as requested.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, Economics, or the equivalent combination of education, training, and work experience.
- 5 years of experience in pricing, financial accounting or business planning desired.
- Intermediate to advanced Excel skills with the ability to prepare and analyze data
- Beginner to intermediate user of Microsoft PowerPoint, Word and Outlook.
- Ability to learn new software quickly and accurately.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience in the health care industry preferred
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Individuals may need to sit or stand as needed. May require walking primarily on a level surface for periodic periods throughout the day. Reaching above shoulder heights, below the waist or Lifting as required to file documents or store materials throughout the work day. Proper lifting techniques required. May include lifting to 3 pounds for files, computer printouts on occasion.
For roles located in the field; this job is primarily active; the employee is regularly mobile and must be able to utilize transportation (such as driving), sit, use hands, and fingers speak, and hear.
Auditory/Visual: Hearing, vision, and talking. Specific vision abilities required by this job include ability see things from a close distance and ability to adjust focus
Work Environment: Utilizes fluorescent lighting; noise level is moderate. For the most part ambient room temperatures, lighting and traditional office equipment as found in a typical office
The Job Description is subject to change at any time
MTI is an Equal Opportunity Employer