The Telecom Operations Specialist is accountable for the on-going operational support of Avaya based call centers through monitoring, reporting, real time response and implementation of solutions to any challenges.
Job Title: Telecom Operations Specialist
Reports to: Director of Information Systems
- Provides analytical, operational, and technical support to the Avaya call center environment.
- Performs setup and on-going administration of agents, supervisors, managers, and administrative staff at a hardware and software configuration level.
- Assists with the development, deployment, and documentation of call flows, reporting schemes, skill structuring, and similar project-based work.
- Provides accurate and repeatable call center metric reports and analysis and be able to explain those metrics and analysis to internal management.
- Interface with telecom providers to report, analyze, and expedite issues and requests.
- Design and document training materials for the Training department as well as training the trainers as changes progress.
- Manage the Spiceworks Ticketing process for Telecom Operations. Manage the Avaya and Datel ContactSweet call recording administration.
- Assist with the improvement of workforce efficiency by ensuring individual agents and teams are skilled properly.
- Works as part of the IT team to provide helpdesk request coverage and timely response to all departments
- Associate Degree in Computer Science, Telecommunications, or related discipline or equivalent work experience preferred.
- Avaya Certified Specialist (ACS) and/or Avaya Certified Expert (ACE) preferred.
- Experience in a multi-site call center environment of at least 2 years in a technical and/or operational (non-agent role) capacity.
- Experience with call recording software (CallSweet, ContactSweet, NICE, etc.), Avaya OneX, and Avaya IP Office Manager of at least 2 years.
- Perform or assist with IT operations, as required to maintain workflow to meet schedules and quality requirements.
- Participate in any variety of meetings and work groups to integrate activities, communicate issues, obtain approvals, resolve problems and maintain specified level of knowledge pertaining to new technologies, developments, requirements, and policies.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills.
- Intermediate or better experience with Microsoft Excel.
- Beginner or intermediate experience with Microsoft Visio.
- Excellent oral, presentation, and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Highly motivated, results-driven, independent individual with the ability to follow-through.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Individuals may need to sit or stand as needed. May require walking primarily on a level surface for periodic periods throughout the day. Reaching above shoulder heights, below the waist or Lifting as required to file documents or store materials throughout the work day. Proper lifting techniques required. May include lifting to 3 pounds for files, computer printouts on occasion.
For roles located in the field; this job is primarily active; the employee is regularly mobile and must be able to utilize transportation (such as driving), sit, use hands, and fingers speak, and hear.
Auditory/Visual: Hearing, vision, and talking. Specific vision abilities required by this job include ability see things from a close distance and ability to adjust focus
Work Environment: Utilizes fluorescent lighting; noise level is moderate. For the most part ambient room temperatures, lighting and traditional office equipment as found in a typical office
The Job Description is subject to change at any time
MTI is an Equal Opportunity Employer