The Travel Accommodation Specialist works with his team in support of the MTI’s goals/objectives of providing high level of service standards to the clients.
Job Title: Travel Accommodations Specialist
Reports to: Director of Operations
- Work with workman’s compensation insurance carriers to provide travel accommodations for patients and or caregivers
- Make reservations for flights, hotels, ground transportation, train, bus and ferry transport
- Communicate effectively with patients to discuss specific travel needs
- Provide quotes to workman’s compensation insurance carriers
- Seek authorization from adjusters to provide requested services
- Complete travel itineraries for patients in a timely manner
- Communicate itineraries to patients, workman’s compensations insurance carriers, nurse case managers, attorneys and all necessary parties involved
- Create billing appointments to bill for travel accommodations provided to carriers
- Upload travel receipts to billing appointments for all reservations made for travel
- Complete and track of all travel requests
- Complete travel accommodation profit report
- Deal with travel problems such as cancellations, complaints and refunds to carriers
- Revise patient itineraries due to travel changes/cancellations
- Experience in customer service is essential
- Outstanding communication skills
- Strong leadership and organizational skills
- Ability to work under pressure in fast paced environment
- Working knowledge of MS Office applications and ability to learn internal systems
- Proficient in both English and Spanish
- High School or Equivalent
Physical Demands : The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Individuals may need to sit or stand as needed. May require walking primarily on a level surface for periodic periods throughout the day. Reaching above shoulder heights, below the waist or Lifting as required to file documents or store materials throughout the work day. Proper lifting techniques required. May include lifting to 3 pounds for files, computer printouts on occasion.
For roles located in the field; this job is primarily active; the employee is regularly mobile and must be able to utilize transportation (such as driving), sit, use hands, and fingers speak, and hear.
Auditory/Visual: Hearing, vision, and talking. Specific vision abilities required by this job include ability see things from a close distance and ability to adjust focus
Work Environment: Utilizes fluorescent lighting; noise level is moderate. For the most part ambient room temperatures, lighting and traditional office equipment as found in a typical office
The Job Description is subject to change at any time
MTI is an Equal Opportunity Employer