The Durable Medical Equipment Coordinator is responsible for processing incoming referrals and will be required to ensure all documentation is obtained prior to completion.
Job Title: Durable Medical Equipment Coordinator
Reports to:Durable Medical Equipment Manager
- Exercising quality customer service, you’ll receive referrals and obtain all necessary patient, medical, and demographic information from a variety of referral sources via various communication methods to establish and coordinate medical products.
- Triage all incoming requests based on date of receipt, date or service, and customer to ensure appropriate action is taken related to service level agreements.
- Create and transmit purchase orders and affiliated documents in accordance with vendor contracted rates, state fee schedules, state rules & regulations and carrier contracts.
- Partner with Provider Relations to offer consistent feedback on overall performance of National Vendor Network.
- Monitor status of all referrals to confirm successful delivery and/or completion of products and services using various communication methods.
- Communicate effectively with both internal and external customers to ensure that all referral needs are met in a timely manner, inclusive of recurring products and services.
- Per department guidelines, consistently and effectively update business partners and/or patients regarding status of referrals using various communication modes.
- Consistently work with attention given to specific carrier/patient customer preferences, guidelines, and contractual service level agreements.
- Follow internal escalation process when service agreements and/or customer satisfaction is at risk.
- In accordance with department and company guidelines, utilize negotiation skills to assure the most cost-effective products and/or services are provided to our customers without sacrificing company quality standards.
- Must have 3-5 years’ minimum experience with medical terminology.
- 3-5 years’ minimum of Durable Medical Equipment experience
- Workers compensation experience required
- Must possess ability to communicate effectively while working in a fast pace environment.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Individuals may need to sit or stand as needed. May require walking primarily on a level surface for periodic periods throughout the day. Reaching above shoulder heights, below the waist or Lifting as required to file documents or store materials throughout the work day. Proper lifting techniques required. May include lifting to 3 pounds for files, computer printouts on occasion.
For roles located in the field; this job is primarily active; the employee is regularly mobile and must be able to utilize transportation (such as driving), sit, use hands, and fingers speak, and hear.
Auditory/Visual: Hearing, vision, and talking. Specific vision abilities required by this job include ability see things from a close distance and ability to adjust focus
Work Environment: Utilizes fluorescent lighting; noise level is moderate. For the most part ambient room temperatures, lighting and traditional office equipment as found in a typical office
The Job Description is subject to change at any time
MTI is an Equal Opportunity Employer
By submitting a resume for this position, you authorize MTI to contact you via phone, email, or text message to coordinate an interview.