Accounts Receivable Specialist
MTI America offers a collaborative, engaging and energetic work environment where people feel part of a family. Our core values—Excellence, Compassion, Communication, Integrity and Teamwork—guide us daily to work hard and enjoy what we do! This is an ideal time to join our team.
Founded in 1992, MTI America is a premier, trusted partner in the workers’ compensation industry delivering a broad range of post-acute integrated network health solutions. Being a culturally diverse, patient-centric company since inception, we leverage out ITC (Integrated Care Teams) expertise and unified MTI 360 platform to deliver superior medical and financial results for those we serve.
The Accounts Receivable Specialist researches denials, partial payments and overpayments while reconciling customer accounts. The AR Specialist collects outstanding balances by applying collection best practices as defined by AR Management.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Understands customer pricing agreements and apply those to collections.
- Analyzes and identify any AR portfolio trends to assist in improving cash collections.
- Follows up on outstanding invoices
- Develops relationships with carriers and track aging for their assigned accounts
- Performs weekly, monthly and quarterly reporting for Accounts Receivable department.
- Utilizes various AR reports to target aged balances for collection in order to meet and maintain performance goals as set by AR Management.
- Evaluates denials and partial payments to determine if further reimbursement is valid and properly appeal within relative state Workers’ Compensation guidelines to facilitate payment from customers.
- Identifies and requests adjustments to customer accounts as necessary while following departmental procedure and state Workers’ Compensation guidelines.
- Alerts management to irregularities, customer trends and areas of concern.
- Maintains communication with direct Manager and promptly follow-up with other departments as needed.
- Fulfills and responds to any interdepartmental requests.
- Formats, understands and able to present data in a clear manner.
- Organizes daily workflow efficiently using available resources.
- Anticipates any complications that may arise while ensuring deadlines are met.
- Completes assignments timely ad adhere to daily production goal, while maintaining a company standard in quality
- Other duties as assigned
Skills and Expertise:
- 3+ years of successful experience in workers’ compensation collections and appeals required
- Prior medical billing and Workers’ Compensation knowledge required.
- Knowledge of CPT & HCPCS codes, modifiers and ICD9-10 codes.
- Solid understanding of individual state Workers’ Compensation guidelines and fee schedules and their impact on billing and collections is required.
- Intermediate Microsoft Office Suite skills required.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills required.
- Analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Must be detail oriented and able to multi-task.
- Must be able to follow instruction, prioritize and meet strict deadlines
- High School Diploma or equivalent required. Some college coursework preferred.
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Individuals may need to sit or stand as needed. May require walking primarily on a level surface for periodic periods throughout the day. Reaching above shoulder heights, below the waist or lifting as required to file documents or store materials throughout the workday. Proper lifting techniques required. May include lifting of up to 5 pounds for files and computer printouts on occasion.
- For roles located in the field; this job is primarily active; the employee is regularly mobile and must be able to utilize transportation (such as driving), sit, use hands, and fingers speak, and hear.
- Hearing, vision, and talking. Specific vision abilities required by this job include ability see things from a close distance and ability to adjust focus.
- Utilizes fluorescent lighting; noise level is moderate. For the most part ambient room temperatures, lighting and traditional office equipment as found in a typical office.
- Competitive compensation
- Medical and dental insurance plan
- Company paid Life Insurance
- Short and Long-Term Disability
- Company matched 401 (k) savings plan
- Flexible Spending Account
- Profit Sharing
- Paid Time off
MTI is an Equal Opportunity Employer.